The new government is considering making changes to the departmental map to better reflect its priorities. At this event, panellists discussed whether recreating a department for energy and climate change would help the government make progress towards its net zero target.
- Sir Edward Davey, acting co-leader of the Liberal Democrats and former secretary of state for the Department for Energy and Climate Change
- Angela Francis, chief adviser, economics and economic development at WWF UK
- Angela Hepworth, policy and regulation director at EDF Energy
- Guy Newey, strategy and performance director at Energy Systems Catapult and former special adviser at the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
The event was chaired by Jill Rutter, senior fellow at the Institute for Government.
There was an opportunity for audience questions.
Watch the event
Listen to the event
- Secretary of state
- Johnson government
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Institute for Government