The UK is little over six months away from leaving the European Union. With negotiations on the withdrawal agreement entering a critical period, the UK Government has started to publish its advice to businesses and citizens on how to prepare for a no deal Brexit. If talks succeed and a deal is done, the UK Government will still need to work with business as it negotiates the critical future UK-EU relationship. This event looked at how prepared business is for the task ahead.
The panellists were:
- Adam Marshall, Director General, British Chambers of Commerce
- Sonali Parekh, Head of Policy, Federation of Small Businesses
- Pauline Bastidon, Head of European Policy, Freight Transport Association
- William Bain, Policy Adviser, British Retail Consortium
- Joe Owen, Associate Director, Institute for Government
This event was chaired by Jill Rutter, Programme Director at the Institute for Government.
There was an opportunity for questions from the audience.
Watch the event
Listen to the event
The UK is little over six months away from Brexit. We heard from a panel of business representatives about how prepared business is for Brexit.