This IfG Insight paper outlines everything you need to know before the people of Northern Ireland go to the polls on 2 March.
This data-driven analysis reveals the situation in Northern Ireland following the UK's decision to leave the European Union. In six charts, it finds:
- Northern Ireland enjoys high but declining public spending
- Attitudes to Brexit divide along sectarian lines
- Northern Ireland receives more EU funding per head than the rest of the UK
- Northern Ireland does not want a return to Westminster rule
- DUP and Sinn Féin dominance is unlikely to change
- Sectarian identities have weakened but the political system has not caught up