The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for our Spring internship programme starting in April 2019.
What we are looking for
We are looking to take on a number of interns in April 2019 to work across the research and learning team. The precise nature of each internship will vary according to the needs of projects, but past interns have found themselves carrying out literature reviews, conducting interviews with MPs and civil servants, organising events, undertaking data collection and analysis, presenting research findings to colleagues, and contributing to published reports and blogs. Interns are also required to help out with some administrative and other tasks.
Applicants should be confident and reliable graduates with:
- an excellent academic record (degree/predicted grade of 2:1 or above, or international equivalent)
- knowledge of or strong interest in government in the UK and elsewhere
- strong analytical, organisational and communication (both written/verbal) skills
- commitment to the values and mission of the Institute for Government.
Applicants should be available to work on a full-time basis. Internships are offered for three months in the first instance. There is the potential to extend – normally to a maximum of six months – subject to satisfactory performance.
Our offer to you
We offer you the opportunity to:
- become a full member of the research and learning team in a highly-respected institution at the heart of Westminster with close connections to government and all political parties
- take a fresh, evidence-based look at a range of issues, to improve the Institute’s understanding of problems facing government, and to help develop innovative solutions to these problems
- work with other Institute staff and external partners to deliver the Institute’s research and learning programme
- work on projects combining traditional research with practitioner and expert workshops, and stimulating public and private events
- contribute to high-quality publications, presentations and events.
The salary for this position is £20,600 per annum, pro rata.
The Institute uses an online application process for its internships. Click here to apply.
But first, please read the full information pack.
Closing date: Monday 28 January 2019, 10:00.