The UK is leaving the EU, but the Cabinet is still debating options for its future trade relationship with the EU. The Institute for Government put forward some possible options before Christmas and many other organisations have made proposals.
We invited proponents of different solutions to pitch to an expert panel at our Dragon's Den-style event.
- The Shared Market (alignment with the Single Market with opportunity to diverge over time): Tom Kibasi, Director of the Institute for Public Policy Research.
- Free Trade Agreement (a deep and comprehensive deal with the EU with an ambitious global trade policy): Stephen Booth, Director of Policy and Research for Open Europe.
- The Brexit Autonomy model (a free trade agreement with extensive mutual recognition): Victoria Hewson, Member of the Special Trade Commission at the Legatum Institute.
- Jersey Option (customs union and single market for goods): Sam Lowe, Research Fellow, Centre for European Reform, co-founder of the UK Trade Forum.
- EEA Membership: (Remaining part of the Single Market but leaving the EU’s political institutions): Hugo van Randwyck, member of grassroots organisation EFTA4UK
- Ukraine association agreement: Speaker to be confirmed.
- Ruth Lea CBE, Economic Adviser at Arbuthnot Banking Group and Co-Founder of Global Vision.
- Allie Renison Head of Europe and Trade Policy at the Institute of Directors.
Chaired by Jill Rutter, Brexit Programme Director at the Institute for Government.
Watch the event
Listen to the event
We invite you to join the debate at our Dragons’ Den-style event. We have invited proponents of different solutions to pitch to an expert panel.