The Institute for Government invited guests to the launch of its new report, Making a success of digital government.
Filing your tax return, renewing your passport or applying for child benefit should be as easy as online banking. So why isn’t it?
At this event, a panel of experts from inside and outside government discussed the challenge of delivering more public services online, and how the new administration should rise to meet it. The panel included:
- Kit Collingwood-Richardson, Deputy Director, Universal Credit at Department for Work & Pensions
- Alex Holmes, Chief Operating Officer, Government Digital Service
- Charlotte Jee, Editor, Techworld
- Oliver Morley, Chief Executive Officer, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency
- Dr Emily Andrews, Researcher, Institute for Government
The event was chaired by Dr Sally Howes, Consultant, Digital and Cyber Security.
Why isn't renewing your passport or applying for child benefit as easy as online banking?